Wednesday, December 21, 2005

bibitee bobitee boo

The first post is always the toughest I think... Once you get past the blockage, maybe the thoughts flow more freely.

I tried to think of a theme and a tone for this blog. Obviously I cannot write about world politics or economics, when I am not even familiar with my office politics or my personal finances. In addition I am incredibly lazy, so setting a tone and following it in a constant way is difficult as well. At this point, I have to wonder - why write? Because I can; because others do; and because I am the proverbial koopa mandooka believing that my life is the centre of my universe and nothing else really matters... except for an appreciative audience.

Also, because this is an experiment - an exercise if you will, of clearing my mind, channeling my thoughts and then maybe someday....

But that's all a dream. What is real is the tayir saadam I am eating with the carrot poriyal. That is wonderful! It probably doesn't appeal to everyone. It takes a certain kind of person to appreciate carrot in a poriyal or even a kootu. I guess I am that kind of person and luckily so is my husband. Someday if we have kids, I hope they will like it too... but I am dreaming again.

So what is real? There is my life and then there is how I perceive and deal with it. It may not always make sense, in fact it almost always never will. But thats the essence of this blog.

Welcome to the well. I, the frog will show you around.

2 comments:

Dynesh said...

Carrot poriyal? To each his own...

Jeevita said...

Well, I thought so. I know better now, having tried to come up with a second post for past half hour! It didn't really get any easier... :-(