Monday, August 28, 2006

Ostrich

One advantage of reflecting internally endlessly or being distracted by the outside world - You conveniently ignore the things that need focus: the immediate crises and the dangers outside.

A planet facing environmental disaster and entire governments that do nothing about it.

A planet ridden with conflict and violence in every corner of the world.

Increasing poverty, homelessness, disease and sorrow in all parts of the world.

Increasing corruption and callousness among politicians who cannot see beyond the tip of their nose or the balance in their bank account.

Oh yeah... the world is falling apart around me! What can I do?

Try to make a difference in EVERY way I can.

Or

Give some token donation to organizations who claim to make a difference and then feel good about having saved the planet.

Or

Get drunk on my own little life and its details and forget the planet!

I know what I am going to do! Do you?

No comments: