Thursday, August 10, 2006

What this woman really wants

“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” Ralph Waldo Emerson


My husband suddenly mentioned this quote today during our evening walk, and since it tied up with things I've been thinking about recently, I decided to include it in this post.

What do I really want? Is it really truly what I wrote a couple of posts ago, with the SFO et al?
Or was that just a list that would look good on paper/screen and make me appear noble in front of family and friends? 'Oh she wants to have her own business! How adorable!'
Well, obviously having my own business wouldn't hurt and being in SFO wouldn't hurt either, considering its one of my all time favorite places.

But in that burning deep way that happens when you really want something, what do I want?

1.) To write a book - a good read and get it published
2.) To somehow integrate more writing into my career
3.) To lose like a million pounds and get my health back on track

I am trying a different way of eating for life, but so far Iam pretty impatient for it to start working (and it hasn't, at least not in a big way yet).

As for the other goals, I am working on them. I do wish I had the luxury of having more time to devote to them though.

This Emerson is a pretty cool person. There are tons of his quotes floating around online, but here are a couple more I liked:

“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.”

(I've always beleived this!!)

“Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”

(How true!!!)

No comments: